Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Approved!!

Yay! We finally have an approved home study! This news could not have come at a better time, as I was feeling very discouraged, but God know our needs and He is faithful! Just another answered prayer! I haven't felt much like blogging lately or really like even waking up each day, things have been tough with the kids' behavior, and our finances, and no progress on the adoption, and I have honestly just been struggling to just "be". I don't know about you, but I always feel like I disconnect from God when my circumstances cause me to struggle. I try so hard, but still I struggle. I pray, read scripture, try to tell myself God is working even when things go wrong or stand still with no apparent purpose. I know He is with me, but why do I always feel like He's not when I am struggling with life? I guess it's normal, even David felt that way and wrote about it, but I guess what's important is that I still seek Him in my weakness and trials. But, it's amazing how one little blessing, like our approved home study, can lift my spirits and give me encouragement to keep going strong! I love how the Holy Spirit seems to be overflowing and renewing me through it! God is good all the time, sometimes I just need small reminders and I'm glad God loves to give them!
So, next week we will be attending a "teen recruitment event" , which I admit sounds strange, but it's just a way to introduce adoptive families to kids who are waiting for families. This one is for kids 12 and up, it's at a trampoline place, and our kids are going too, so it should be a lot of fun. We also have VBS next week, so we will be completely exhausted by then, but there's no better way to get exhausted than by serving God and ministering to lots of his kids! I just pray the Lord will help me, not just survive the rest of the summer, but to actually enjoy it and hopefully bless my children and me with the time we have together!

No comments:

Post a Comment